Smart Restroom Technology Case Study
Case Study conducted on a Class A multi-tenant office building in Minneapolis
- Fifth tallest office building in downtown Minneapolis
- 42-floor, 730,000 sq. ft. multi-tenant Class A office building managed by a third-party property management company
- Building is not at full occupancy rate – impacting revenues.
- Restroom service, ROI visibility and assessment are difficult to assess due to:
- Low visibility on the efficiency of the janitorial staff
- Low visibility of restroom process efficiency
- Target is for building to have official recognition as an outstanding/best-in-class office building. (Innovation is believed to be the way to gain this recognition.)
- Raising sustainability credential of the building can provide an additional point of differentiation to attract and retain high quality tenants.
Following the installation of the Smart Restroom Management System, the following results have been documented:
- Plays a key role in demonstrating to new and potential tenants how the building is investing in new technologies to deliver an exceptional experience. This has resulted in an additional 15,000 sq. ft. leased and is quickly leading toward delivering full occupancy.
- A $6,000 estimated savings due to increased efficiency in the janitorial process.
- The 2017 budget shows a $53,000 reduction in consumables spent, which represents an approximate 45% savings per square foot.
- These savings include a one-time reduction in consumable spend delivered by switching to a more efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Smart Restroom Management System allows the janitorial staff to spend less time responding to restroom needs; now they use the technology to anticipate needs. Eliminating the need to check each dispenser for product; allowing for more time spent to deliver a more detail-cleaned restroom experience and allow for more visible time in areas of the building that matter to the tenant.
- Kingsley Satisfaction Results. Prior to installation, Paramount’s management of the system at the building, the Kingsley ratings for restroom cleanliness and the overall restroom experience showed at 3.0. Tenants indirectly showed their love of the system and the delivery of a cleaner restroom with a 4.5 Satisfaction rating in 2017, and a validation again in 2018 by giving a 4.7 Satisfaction rating!
- Award winning results! The building and Paramount received an Award as the most efficient and best managed system throughout all Smart Restroom Management System properties Nationwide. This was due to remarkable spend savings, program KPI’s being surpassed, and positive Tenant experience.